I love reading, as you can see by my extensive collection of magazines below.
Here are some of the titles I find useful.
- Grassroots, Organic Gardening, Earth Garden and Warm Earth Magazines
- ‘The Complete Urban Farmer’ by David Wickers
- ‘The Compost Book’ by David & Yvonne Taylor
- ‘The Organic Gardener’ by Sue Stickland
- ‘No-Dig Gardening’ by Allen Gilbert
- ‘Recycle your Garden’ by Tim Marshall
- ‘Commercial Hydroponics’ by John Mason
- ‘Introduction to Permaculture’ by Bill Mollison
- ‘Habitat Garden’ by Peter Grant
- ‘The Seed Saver’s Handbook’ by Michel & Jude Fanton
- ‘Permaculture One’ by Bill Mollison & David Holmgren
- ‘What Pest or Disease is that?’ by Judy McMaugh (brilliant book for diagnosis)
My 3 favourite reference books and ones that I feel every gardener needs to have are:
- ‘Backyard Self-sufficiency’ by Jackie French
- ‘Organic Gardening’by Annette McFarlane
- ‘Gardening Down Under’by Kevin Handreck – If you really want to get indepth with the ways soil works and plants grow. He has another book called ‘Growing Media’
- The Yates Gardening Guide is also a great starting point for information about planting times and plant nutrition.
Many of these books are available at your local library or can be purchased through the Goodlife Bookclub.